Scaling Graph QL Server & Scale Cube
The first fundamental principle of scaling is load distribution; splitting a load of an application across several processes and machines. There are many ways to achieve this and the book
The Art of Scalability by Martin L.Abbott and Michael T.Fisher
proposes an ingenious model to represent them called the Scale Cube
- X-axis: Cloning
- Y-axis : Decomposing by Service/Functionality
- Z-axis: Splitting by data partition
So my questions are:
- According to the scale cube, what are your experiences in scaling
- Which one of those is most suited to GraphQL?
- What are the challenge if any when scaling GraphQL?